Resilient Homes Fund – Plans for House Raising
THE RESILIENT HOMES FUND IS AVAILABLE TO ASSIST ELIGIBLE, FLOOD IMPACTED HOMEOWNERS TO RAISE THEIR FLOOD AFFECTED PROPERTY.
You are in safe hands with our team – we have completed over 80 sets of Resilient Homes Funds plans and we have good relations with QLD assessors, engineers, surveyors, builders and certifiers to help guide you through each step of the process.
In response to the 2022 QLD floods we are delighted to see that the QLD Government has established a house raising grant for homeowners who have been severely affected and may be eligible for funds up to $100,000 to raise their homes.
There is a focus on raising habitable floors in order to meet or exceed the required flood hazard levels (minimum habitable floor level), as prescribed by the relevant local government planning scheme. In summary, you are encouraged to raise your house and live on the top level to avoid habitable issues with future flooding.
This is a positive step forward for QLD residents affected by natural floods and Designer Planning can provide house raise plans for home owners that meet the following three suitability criteria in order to be successful for funding for the house raise itself.
- In the years 2021/22 your house was inundated with flood waters which went over the habitable floor level of your hous
- The type of house you live in can actually be raised (e.g A house on stumps is much easier than a brick home which are harder to raise
- Your habitable floor level is below what is classified as a minimum habitable floor level in your council area at the time the home assessment takes place.
If you meet these requirements we recommend making contact with our design team to source a free proposal as your first point of action.
The guide below is for homeowners for have registered their interest and obtained a home assessment report:
- Once you have an approved assessment report, request a quote from us and obtain a full set of house raise plans.
- Once your plans are complete, obtain a set of structural engineering drawings (engineering recommendations will be provided).
- Once engineering drawings are complete, obtain a quote for a full scope of works with a house raise company (we recommend Raise My House).
- Once you have your itemised quote, submit this to the QRIDA website for funding approval
- If funding is approved, the QRIDA will contact the homeowner, your builder and the contractor to discuss payment plans and start dates.
- Complete your house raise certification for council approval (we can provide recommendations for certifiers).
- Book in a date to begin the house raise project and associated works.
To assist flood affected homeowners, we will be providing a special Resilient Homes Fund design package which includes a full set of house plans for a raise project for only $3400 inc GST (a saving of $500) off our normal raise plan prices).
If you have any questions about the planning process for raising your home, please reach out to the team at Designer Planning and we will happily talk you through the process and send you a free house raise proposal so you can learn more about our team and the work involved.